1) The American Academy of Pediatrics states that human milk is the preferred food for all newborns.
2) Breastfeeding promotes a strong bond between mother and baby.
3) Women who breastfeed are healthier; they enjoy decreased risks of breast and ovarian cancer.
4) Breastfeeding can save a family more than $2,500 a year in formula costs.
5) Breastfeeding causes the release of hormones that help the mother’s body to lose weight more easily.
6) Breastfeeding contributes to the baby’s emotional and social development.
7) Breastfed babies have fewer and less serious illnesses and allergies.
8) Research indicates that breastfed babies have higher IQs.
9) Breastfeeding is environmentally friendly.
10) Human milk provides the optimal mix of nutrients and antibodies necessary for babies to thrive.
Source: La Leche League International
For more information call: 1-800-LALECHE or go to www.lalecheleague.org